People who have recently been bereaved
We all deal with bereavement differently. However, losing a loved one is sure to change your outlook on life.
However, we also know, because our clients tell us, that their partner would have wanted them to look to the future.
Making the right financial decisions, especially if it wasn’t previously your area of expertise, can feel like an impossible and lonely task.
Therefore, when the time is right, and at your pace, we’ll sympathetically help you piece your financial life together and begin a forward-looking process. Half of our job is helping you make sense of your financial situation; the other half is finding the new you and a renewed sense of purpose.
As lifestyle financial planners, we are dedicated to finding out what you want from the rest of your life; your aspirations and objectives, the experiences and excitement that’s yet to come.
Once we know what you want your future to look like, we can turn our attention to your money and create a robust plan for the years ahead.
Here’s what we’ll do:
Our initial meeting will be about your life, not your finances.
- Firstly, we’ll listen attentively and address your initial concerns. You have complete freedom to ask whatever you like; there are no silly questions. We’ll provide the reassurance you need; your financial situation is probably more positive than you feel it is.
- Even at this difficult time, we’ll help you start to discover a new sense of purpose. We want to get to know you and your aspirations. How do you see the future? What would you like to do in the next phase of your life? What’s important to you? We talk about life more than money and aim to make our meetings enjoyable, enriching and interesting. It’s about you, not us.
Only once we’ve got to know you will we start to understand your money.
- We’ll first create a thorough picture of your financial situation. We’ll obtain details of your existing pensions, savings and investments, but we can also deal with probate, solicitors and insurance companies. Most of us hate paperwork, so, with your authority, we’ll get in touch with the companies involved to secure the necessary information.
- Next, using state-of-the-art financial planning technology, we’ll model scenarios and track investments, showing you the various paths to achieving your objectives. We’ll then make recommendations and implement the necessary work to get you on the right track.
We believe an ongoing, long-term relationship is the key to successful lifestyle financial planning.
- We’ll regularly review your plan to ensure you’re on track to meet your objectives. One thing is certain in life, and that’s change. Should your needs, preferences or aspirations change, our ongoing relationship allows for a detailed review at least once a year to ensure your financial plan is working to achieve the best results for you.
We’re here to help.
If you’ve never worked with a financial planner before, we’ll hold your hand through the process. If you have worked with a financial adviser, but feel now is the time for a different approach, we can help you make that switch.