People planning for retirement
Generally, people are in their 50s when they start to prepare for the future and consider what retirement might mean for them.
Your children have likely flown the nest and you’re beginning to think about the next chapter of your life. However, you’re probably lacking confidence in your understanding of what you have, what’s possible and what the future holds.
As lifestyle financial planners, our first job is to understand what you want from the rest of your life; your aspirations and objectives, the experiences and excitement that’s yet to come.
Once we know what your future looks like, we can turn our attention to your money and create a robust plan for the years ahead.
Here’s what we’ll do:
Our initial meeting will be about your life, not your finances.
- The starting point for us is you and your aspirations. How do you see the future? What would you like to do in the next phase of your life? What’s important to you? We talk about life more than money and aim to make our meetings enjoyable, enriching and interesting. It’s about you, not us.
- We’ll address your initial concerns. You might be worried you’re not wealthy enough to retire. You might be nervous you’re missing something, or unwittingly making the wrong decisions. We’ll provide reassurance, answering any questions you may have.
Only once we’ve got to know you will we start to understand your money.
- We’ll first create a thorough picture of your financial situation, obtaining details of your existing pensions, savings and investments. Most of us hate paperwork, so, with your authority, we’ll get in touch with the companies involved to secure the necessary information.
- Next, using state-of-the-art financial planning technology, we’ll model scenarios and track investments, showing you the various paths to achieving your objectives. We’ll then make recommendations and implement the necessary work to get you on the right track.
We believe an ongoing relationship is the key to successful lifestyle financial planning.
- We’ll regularly review your plan to ensure you’re on track to meet your objectives. One thing is certain in life, and that’s change. Should your needs, preferences or aspirations change, our ongoing relationship allows for a detailed review at least once a year to ensure your financial plan is working to achieve the best results for you.
We’re here to help.
If you’ve never worked with a financial planner before, we’ll hold your hand through the process. If you have worked with a financial adviser, but feel now is the time for a different approach, we can help you make that switch.